JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough drivers can expect delays and detours over the weekend thanks to a busy construction zone.
Construction will alter traffic at the "five points area" at the intersection of Highway 81 and 353.
A new traffic circle roundabout is being constructed.
T-Dot issued a traffic alert notifying drivers to expect possible delays and to use extreme caution when traveling through the work zone.
Highway 81 will be closed from Depot Street to Britt Drive from 6 PM Friday until 6 AM Monday.
T-Dot says the project should be completed by late May.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day