JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough drivers can expect delays and detours over the weekend thanks to a busy construction zone.
Construction will alter traffic at the "five points area" at the intersection of Highway 81 and 353.
A new traffic circle roundabout is being constructed.
T-Dot issued a traffic alert notifying drivers to expect possible delays and to use extreme caution when traveling through the work zone.
Highway 81 will be closed from Depot Street to Britt Drive from 6 PM Friday until 6 AM Monday.
T-Dot says the project should be completed by late May.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program