JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough drivers can expect delays and detours over the weekend thanks to a busy construction zone.
Construction will alter traffic at the "five points area" at the intersection of Highway 81 and 353.
A new traffic circle roundabout is being constructed.
T-Dot issued a traffic alert notifying drivers to expect possible delays and to use extreme caution when traveling through the work zone.
Highway 81 will be closed from Depot Street to Britt Drive from 6 PM Friday until 6 AM Monday.
T-Dot says the project should be completed by late May.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets