JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Crews are investigating an apartment fire in Washington County, Tennessee.
The fire started Tuesday afternoon at 3908 Old Jonesboro Road.
Emergency Management Director Nes Lavotch and Jonesborough Firefighter Jesse Rice told News 5 the fire was contained to one apartment.
The owner of the apartments told the Mormon Missionaries living in the damaged apartment and the one above it will live in other housing until repairs are made.
Owner Rena Flathau said, "The thing I was most surprised by was the picture in the window of Jesus. He wasn't affected but the blinds right behind it [the picture] were burned, but his picture was completely fine. So that was amazing. We are thankful to have help today to get them [the victims] where they need to go".
Flathau believes the fire started in the kitchen. She said the occupants were not home at the time. Jonesborough Firefighters plan to search for an exact cause.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power