JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Storytelling Park in Historic Downtown Jonesborough will transform into a egg-citing wonderland on Saturday, March 23rd from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for Jonesborough Park & Recreation's annual Easter Eggstravanganza event.
The activities held at Storytelling Park are free and open to children 12 & under with numerous events guaranteed to excite the entire crowd. Activities will include pictures with the Easter Bunny, free food, face painting, a petting zoo as well as games and activities. Children will also have the opportunity to get behind the wheel and rub elbows with their hometown heroes at the Touch a Truck display. The Town of Jonesborough's official equipment such as a dump truck, back hoe, fire truck, and a police car with K9 Sgt. Gregger will all be on hand. The much anticipated egg hunt will be divided onto four age groups with more than 2,000 eggs filled with candy and prizes.
Following the children's egg hunt at Storytelling Park, the popular Hunt for the Golden Egg returns for its second year with real gold coins and prizes for all ages. Clue sheets will be handed out in front of the Lollipop Shop in downtown Jonesborough between 3:30 and 4 p.m.
This annual community event is made possible by the following sponsors: Jonesborough Parks & Recreation Dept., Walgreens, Food City, Bojangles and Kiwanis of Jonesborough.
For more information on Easter Eggstravaganza, call 423.753.1010.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport