BRISTOL, Va. - Hurricane Harvey victims will be getting some more help from people in our region soon.
John Battle students loaded 21 palettes of water, which equates to 1,130 cases of water, on Thursday in Bristol.
The donations were made by students, parents, and educators.
A logistics partner of Bristol Metals will haul the water to distribute to victims of Harvey.
Sullivan East High School, David Crockett High School, Virginia High School, University High and Vance Middle School are some of the other area schools also chipping in with water donations.
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down