JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - An investigation into child sex abuse leaves a Jonesborough man facing charges.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells WCYB they began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
We're told the case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week where Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County Jail.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody