WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A tractor trailer fire shuts down traffic on Interstate 81.
Virginia State Police tells us the fire started in the truck's engine around seven Thursday night.
The driver pulled over into the emergency lane near southbound mile marker 31 and called fire fighters.
VSP says the driver did get out safely, but for a short time, both lanes of traffic were closed, with the right lane remaining closed for 45 minutes.
VSP says the road was reopened and traffic is moving smoothly.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone