WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Interstate 26 is closed in both directions near Gray, Tennessee.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation said Summers-Taylor construction is blasting and working on the roadway.
TDOT's Mark Nagi said drivers should be alert for brief rolling roadblocks in this area to occur around 2 p.m. Wednesday for blasting associated with the construction project at Mile Marker 13.
TDOT did not say when the Interstate would reopen.
Motorists should be alert for sudden stops, slow moving or stopped conditions. reduce speed and use extreme caution when approaching this area.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane