WASHINGTON COUNTY, TENN. - An inmate has died while being held in the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, 22-year-old inmate Stewart Peppers, of Johnson City, died late Monday afternoon after he was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Peppers was being held on various charges including aggravated assault, drug possession and vandalism.
The Sheriff's Office says the investigation has now been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Officers say no foul play is suspected.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon