WASHINGTON COUNTY, TENN. - An inmate has died while being held in the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, 22-year-old inmate Stewart Peppers, of Johnson City, died late Monday afternoon after he was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Peppers was being held on various charges including aggravated assault, drug possession and vandalism.
The Sheriff's Office says the investigation has now been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Officers say no foul play is suspected.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City