WASHINGTON COUNTY, TENN. - An inmate has died while being held in the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, 22-year-old inmate Stewart Peppers, of Johnson City, died late Monday afternoon after he was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Peppers was being held on various charges including aggravated assault, drug possession and vandalism.
The Sheriff's Office says the investigation has now been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Officers say no foul play is suspected.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death