JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - $500,000 is headed to the oldest town in Tennessee.
State Representative Matthew Hill, of Jonesborough, says that money, authorized by Governor Bill Haslam, will help purchase and renovate the Jackson Theatre.
Representative Hill says the theatre is an integral part of downtown Jonesborough and the money will go a long way toward renovating the historic
piece of the community.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport