WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Jonesborough Genealogical Society needs your help to raise money for a book about the history of part of our area.
The Genealogical Society is working on a book called "Early Settlers of Washington County, Tennessee: Pre 1768-1777."
They tell us it will be the first full color historical book for Washington County.
Chad Bailey with The Jonesborough Genealogical Society says, the only thing standing in their way is money. "We are right now in the quote of $40,000 to publish the book, and it is going to be a full color book and we are right now at $10,000 so we need people to come in with their orders."
You can come by the Washington County-Jonesborough library to order a book for $90. They are also selling advertisements for local businesses.
If you're interested, you can e-mail Bailey at email@example.com
The Genealogical Society needs to have the money raised by October 1st.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson