WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Jonesborough Genealogical Society needs your help to raise money for a book about the history of part of our area.
The Genealogical Society is working on a book called "Early Settlers of Washington County, Tennessee: Pre 1768-1777."
They tell us it will be the first full color historical book for Washington County.
Chad Bailey with The Jonesborough Genealogical Society says, the only thing standing in their way is money. "We are right now in the quote of $40,000 to publish the book, and it is going to be a full color book and we are right now at $10,000 so we need people to come in with their orders."
You can come by the Washington County-Jonesborough library to order a book for $90. They are also selling advertisements for local businesses.
If you're interested, you can e-mail Bailey at email@example.com
The Genealogical Society needs to have the money raised by October 1st.
- Cabela's preps for sidewalk party, giveaways ahead of Black Friday
- Hunger First feeds needy Thanksgiving dinner; asking for winter clothing donations
- State parks urging people to "Opt Outside" Black Friday
- 12th annual Johnson City Turkey Trot: largest turnout to date
- 'People Loving People' Thanksgiving meal serves thousands