WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A call about a man with in a gun in a local adult novelty store led to an arrest on gun and drug charges.
The Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office says deputies responded to the Intimate Treasures in Gray last Thursday after reports of a man with a gun. Witnesses told officers they were afraid the man would rob them.
During a search of the area, deputies say they found a 9 millimeter handgun and purple bag containing crack cocaine and Xanax pills that had been left inside the store by the man.
Deputies determined the suspect to be 46-year-old James Kirby Fry. A records check revealed Fry was a convicted felon who is prohibited from carrying firearms. Deputies say he ran shortly after they arrived.
An investigation of a vehicle left by Fry also revealed crack cocaine and several prescription pills.
Deputies searched for Fry until a tip Sunday led deputies to him at a home in Carter County.
Fry is now charged with aggravated robbery, drug possession for resale, possession of a firearm during a dangerous felony, and unlawful possession of a firearm. Fry was also served with an outstanding warrant for failure to appear.
Fry was booked in the Washington County Detention Center. His bond was set at $132,000.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport