DAMASCUS, Va. - There is growing support for a former police officer looking to keep his old partner, a narcotic police dog named Emmy.
The Damascus town council voted to sell Emmy and is accepting bids. The minimum bid is $3,000.
You may remember, her handler, Justin Miller, resigned at the Damascus Police Department and is raising money in hopes of keeping Emmy. As of 7:00 p.m. Thursday, Miller has raised $3,900 to buy Emmy.
We're told the bid will be open for 30 to 60 days.
For a link to the account click here to visit the website.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash