WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - If you're looking to add a four-legged family member this weekend could be a perfect opportunity.
The C.C. Porter Animal Shelter in Washington County, Virginia is holding a free adoption event Saturday.
Shelter Supervisor Kelly Tabor says the shelter will be open from ten until one.
The adoption fee will be waived but a $50 refundable sterilization fee will be charged for each adoption.
Tabor says there are dogs and cats that need a forever home and she says this event is about making people aware of those animals at the shelter. "People just need to realize that these animals they need homes they need love and they are great you couldn't ask for better dogs," she said.
Tabor also says there will be a local veterinarian on hand to give rabies shots from 10:00 until noon.
It cost $10 per animal.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment