WASHINGTON COUNTY, va. - The Washington County Virginia Sheriff's C.C. Porter Animal Shelter will offer free adoptions for all animals adopted from March 18 to April 12, 2013.
"This is a great opportunity to come to our shelter, adopt a pet and save some money," stated Sheriff Newman. "Our shelter is offering this event in coordination with the PAWS Project (Providing Animals With Support) in hopes of generating an increase in adoptions."
"Although the adoption fee will be waived, a refundable $50 spay/neuter fee will be required at the time of the adoption," said Sheriff Newman. "The sterilization procedure makes things work better for everyone and the fee will be refunded within 45 days upon receipt of a completed sterilization certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian."
For information, contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office C. C. Porter Animal Shelter located at 27252 Porter Lane, Abingdon, VA. Telephone 276-676-6210.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport