WASHINGTON, Tenn. - The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee scored a big win. It placed first in Walmart's Fighting Hunger Together campaign during the month of April. Second Harvest got the most votes for the support of their programs that help get rid of child hunger. The prize for winning the contest is $45,000, which will be used to continue to help in the organizations plight to feed children in our region.
The Food Bank has two campaigns where they are asking for community support during May. On Saturday, May 11, is the Annual Letter Carrier's Food Drive in which you can help by filling a bag with nonperishable foods and leaving at your mailbox.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator