WASHINGTON, Tenn. - The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee scored a big win. It placed first in Walmart's Fighting Hunger Together campaign during the month of April. Second Harvest got the most votes for the support of their programs that help get rid of child hunger. The prize for winning the contest is $45,000, which will be used to continue to help in the organizations plight to feed children in our region.
The Food Bank has two campaigns where they are asking for community support during May. On Saturday, May 11, is the Annual Letter Carrier's Food Drive in which you can help by filling a bag with nonperishable foods and leaving at your mailbox.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school