WASHINGTON, Tenn. - The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee scored a big win. It placed first in Walmart's Fighting Hunger Together campaign during the month of April. Second Harvest got the most votes for the support of their programs that help get rid of child hunger. The prize for winning the contest is $45,000, which will be used to continue to help in the organizations plight to feed children in our region.
The Food Bank has two campaigns where they are asking for community support during May. On Saturday, May 11, is the Annual Letter Carrier's Food Drive in which you can help by filling a bag with nonperishable foods and leaving at your mailbox.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project