FALL BRANCH, Tenn. - A home is destroyed after a fire burned out of control for almost an hour. View photos from the scene
It happened at a house on Cherry Lane in Fall Branch just after 10:00 Thursday morning.
Firefighters told us no one was inside the house at the time, and when crews got to the scene it was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews told us it took about 50 minutes to get the fire under control, but it's location on a narrow road on top of a hill, made fighting the flames even more of a challenge.
"You got to back your tankers in where normally we can dump a dump tank, and as small as the area here, we [weren't] able to do that. We [were] having to nurse off the other trucks, so that was a little time consuming," said Michael Connally, a firefighter with the Fall Branch Volunteer Fire Department.
Fire crews said the Red Cross will be assisting the homeowner.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, though no foul play is suspected.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon