Damascus, VA - We have new facts about a fire that destroyed a home in Damascus, Virginia.
That fire happened on Fisher Hollow road around 7:30 Friday morning. The Damascus fire chief says the woman who lives in the house told him she had a candle burning in the kitchen and it caught a towel on fire. He says she tried to put out the fire but was overcome by smoke. Damascus Fire Captain Shawn Price says there no injuries. He also tells us flames were coming from the roof and windows of the 100-year-old house when they arrived on scene.
- New Another 'Chicken Head Mafia' member sentenced in drug case
- 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities