WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Early voting is just about a month away, and in one county you'll get some extra time to cast a ballot.
We learned polls will be open an hour later in Washington County, Tennessee for early voting.
From October 17 to November 1 in Washington County, Tennessee, you'll have from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to vote on weekdays, and 9:00 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
On Election Day, the polls open an hour earlier from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Election administrator Maybell Stewart told us it's because they expect a heavy voter turnout. "We thought an extra hour for the early voting in the afternoon would help people that get off work at 5:00 to vote before they go home," Stewart said.
The last day to register to vote for the November 6 election is October 8.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death