WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - You may see some traffic delays if you're going to the South Holston Lake.
VDOT is working to replace Avens Bridge in Washington County, Virginia. VDOT engineer Marty Halloway says the bridge was built in 1949 and was in overall bad condition.
We learned the new bridge will be longer than the one that's in place now.
VDOT crews are urging drivers and boaters to use extra caution because traffic patterns will be changing, "Motorist can expect delays. We're at a critical time where we're starting to set steal so we will have some times of delivery and up to 15 to 20 minute delays. Boaters can expect different changing in traffic patterns where we'll have a 250 foot waterway to pass underneath the bridge and see some minor changes as we go through," adds Halloway.
VDOT says it will cost around 16.2 million dollars which will be paid for through federal funds.\They hope to have the project completed by August of next year.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison