EMORY, Va. - The opening of the Emory & Henry College Doctor of Physical Therapy program may have to be postponed.
College officials said Friday morning the accrediting agency did not approve all of the college's plans for the program, which was slated to start in June 2014.
The college is working with the 20 students who planned to make up the inaugural class, but Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. David Haney says Emory & Henry is not the first college to have this problem. "We know from experience by talking to other programs that have gone through this, that getting that first application is very difficult. It often takes many institutions two or three times before they are able to have a successful application," he told us.
Haney tells News 5 that they are back in line to go through the accreditation process, but only 10 schools are processed each cycle. They could have to wait until March 2015.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport