EMORY, Va. - Students at Emory & Henry College are returning to their dorms after a power outage Tuesday evening.
The dean of Emory & Henry College says 94 students were displaced from three residence halls due to a power outage.
The power went out when a construction crew working on a performing arts center hit a transformer.
We're told students were evacuated as a safety precaution.
Washington County Emergency management was standing by to provide cots in buildings around campus.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake