EMORY, Va. - A new president will soon join the campus of Emory & Henry College.
Jake B. Schrum will take over as president on August 1. He has spent the last 13 years at Southwestern University in Texas.
Schrum will become the 21st president to serve Emory & Henry. This makes his third college presidency.
"This world is desperate for people like Emory & Henry graduates, who not only care about themselves but also care about someone else and doing good in the world," says incoming president Jack Schrum.
Schrum replaces Rosalind Reichard, who announced her retirement last fall.
She spent seven years as president of Emory & Henry.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day