EMORY, Va. - A new president will soon join the campus of Emory & Henry College.
Jake B. Schrum will take over as president on August 1. He has spent the last 13 years at Southwestern University in Texas.
Schrum will become the 21st president to serve Emory & Henry. This makes his third college presidency.
"This world is desperate for people like Emory & Henry graduates, who not only care about themselves but also care about someone else and doing good in the world," says incoming president Jack Schrum.
Schrum replaces Rosalind Reichard, who announced her retirement last fall.
She spent seven years as president of Emory & Henry.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane