DAMASCUS, Va. - An elderly woman is safe after escaping her burning home.
Her house which is about 100 years old caught fire in Damascus, Virginia Friday morning.
Four fire departments were called to battle the flames, but her house was engulfed and burned quickly.
Crews tell us the closest fire hydrant was about one mile away.. so they had to haul water in.
The cause remains under investigation.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program