WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An 86-year-old Jonesborough man is being charged with aggravated sexual battery after deputies say he raped a child for a period of three years.
The Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office arrested Robert Lee Green. Detectives tell us the child who is 12, was known to Green.
Deputies say after enduring years of alleged abuse, the child told an adult, who then alerted the Washington County Sheriff's Office. "It's awful. Any time there's a child that's been abused or molested, it's always bad, anytime a child has been abused," says Shawn Judy with the Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office.
At the elderly man's Cherokee Mountain Road home, his son quickly came to his defense, telling us that Green is innocent. "I think it's all a mistake," says Teddie Green.
The sheriff's office says the child has been placed into foster care, and that the Department of Children's Services is investigating as well.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview