Emory & Henry and Virginia Highlands Community College signed an agreement Friday that guarantees Highlands students all their credits will transfer to Emory.
This partnership will make for a smooth transition for students like Hannah Thayer. "When you attend a community college, sometimes you worry about all your classes transferring and taking the right things before you really know where you want to go to school. It gives students a little leeway to decide on a four-year school. And once they make that decision, the Guaranteed Admission Agreement will make it easier for them," says Thayer.
Both Virginia Highlands and Emory & Henry hope students will take advantage of this opportunity.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Dickenson County looking to levy tax to boost Southwest Virginia's economy
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"