Emory & Henry and Virginia Highlands Community College signed an agreement Friday that guarantees Highlands students all their credits will transfer to Emory.
This partnership will make for a smooth transition for students like Hannah Thayer. "When you attend a community college, sometimes you worry about all your classes transferring and taking the right things before you really know where you want to go to school. It gives students a little leeway to decide on a four-year school. And once they make that decision, the Guaranteed Admission Agreement will make it easier for them," says Thayer.
Both Virginia Highlands and Emory & Henry hope students will take advantage of this opportunity.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project