WASHINGTON COUNTY, VA - Students at EB Stanley Middle School in Abingdon have been evacuated.
Superintendent Brian Ratliff tells us a heater had an electrical malfunction Friday morning that caused part of the building to fill with smoke.
Officials say no students were ever in danger.
The students were evacuated as a precaution
The smoke is gone and students will be allowed to go back to class once the smell clears from the building.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator