WASHINGTON COUNTY, VA - Students at EB Stanley Middle School in Abingdon have been evacuated.
Superintendent Brian Ratliff tells us a heater had an electrical malfunction Friday morning that caused part of the building to fill with smoke.
Officials say no students were ever in danger.
The students were evacuated as a precaution
The smoke is gone and students will be allowed to go back to class once the smell clears from the building.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next