WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Early voting begins Friday in Washington County, Tennessee for the August 7th general election and state primary.
Voting hours will be 9 to 5 Monday through Friday and 9 to noon Saturday. Voters have three locations to choose from. In Johnson City on Princeton Road, in Gray at the fire station, and at the courthouse in downtown Jonesborough.
Election Administrator Maybell Stewart tells us there's a rising trend of early voters these days. "I think they just want to go ahead and get it done just in case something comes up and they miss it on election day," she said. "People do get called out of town and we've had that happen and so it's a good idea to vote early and for one thing the lines are not as long."
Early voting runs through August 2.
- New Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- New Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Man killed in Russell County motorcycle crash