WASHINGTON COUNTY, TENN. - The west bound lane of Highway 11-E was closed for three and half hours today after a dump truck hit another truck.
Washington County deputies say the dump truck overturned and hit a flatbed truck.
The crash caused the dump truck to spill fuel and sand on the road. "During the series of events, one of the fuel tanks on the dump truck ruptured." said Deputy Randall Wines. "We had 70 to 80 gallons of fuel leaking."
Wines says the drivers of the dump truck and flatbed were injured.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon