WASHINGTON COUNTY, TENN. - The west bound lane of Highway 11-E was closed for three and half hours today after a dump truck hit another truck.
Washington County deputies say the dump truck overturned and hit a flatbed truck.
The crash caused the dump truck to spill fuel and sand on the road. "During the series of events, one of the fuel tanks on the dump truck ruptured." said Deputy Randall Wines. "We had 70 to 80 gallons of fuel leaking."
Wines says the drivers of the dump truck and flatbed were injured.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017