JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Donations for Washington County, Tennessee flood victims have been slow to come in from the community.
County mayor Dan Eldridge says it will take a major community response to help the victims of the August flash floods.
The county is using the United Way to collect donations and 100-percent of the money will go to the flood victims.
So far the mayor says they have only collected about a thousand dollars.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator