JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Donations for Washington County, Tennessee flood victims have been slow to come in from the community.
County mayor Dan Eldridge says it will take a major community response to help the victims of the August flash floods.
The county is using the United Way to collect donations and 100-percent of the money will go to the flood victims.
So far the mayor says they have only collected about a thousand dollars.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson