WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE: The rape charges against Carlos Enrique Alegria were dropped on December 18, 2013. Click here for more details.
A Washington County, Tennessee deputy is being praised after a fast response stopped a possible rape in progress.
According to the sheriff's office, the victim of the attack called dispatch and left the line open.
Deputy Darrell Collins responded to the scene and saw a vehicle pulled over on the side of the road. Collins stopped the attack and arrested Carlos Enrique Alegria.
Deputies tell us he is being charged with aggravated rape and resisting arrest.
Authorities say the victim was taken to Johnson City Medical Center.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex