WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A major marijuana growing operation is found in Washington County, Virginia and now officers are investigating who they belong to.
Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman tells News 5 several plants were taken from a field just off of Jeb Stuart Highway, which is in the Konnarock area of the county.
The sheriff says an anonymous tip led them to the site. Sheriff Newman also says the plants are worth around $80,000.
Investigators say they are now working to develop a suspect.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash