WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Heads up if you will be driving Interstate 26 through Johnson City this week -- delays are possible on several afternoons.
Construction will continue at Exit 13 to Gray. Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi tells News 5 workers will be blasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Additionally, state police will conduct rolling roadblocks between 1:00 and 1:40 each afternoon.
The interchange expansion project is slated to cost $13.3 million and should be completed by September 2015.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend