The 31st Annual Trail Days is underway in Damascus as the small town swells in population.
The celebration of the Appalachian Trail hiker has grown every year. This year the theme is celebrate the journey. Which focuses on appreciating the journey every day, the sights and the people they meet and the experiences they gather.
"We celebrate the trail. We enjoy the fact that Damascus is a small community a close knit community and its focus really is both the Appalachian trail and the Virginia Creeper Trail which both come through town,” said Trail Days Committee member Anne Mayo on Friday.
Virginia has the most miles of the Appalachian Trail at 554-miles and the town serves as a chance to re-energize.
More information on the gathering is available by clicking here.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death