WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - There are new developments for a former news reporter and U.S. Senate candidate who's accused in a murder-for-hire plot.
District attorney Tony Clark tells us T.K. Owens is expected to enter a plea Wednesday in Jonesborough on charges of solicitation of a minor and solicitation to commit murder.
In October, investigators say he tried to hire a hitman to kill his uncle, who is a deputy in Carter County and a minister.
We will bring you more facts on this story as they become available..
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone