WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - There are new developments for a former news reporter and U.S. Senate candidate who's accused in a murder-for-hire plot.
District attorney Tony Clark tells us T.K. Owens is expected to enter a plea Wednesday in Jonesborough on charges of solicitation of a minor and solicitation to commit murder.
In October, investigators say he tried to hire a hitman to kill his uncle, who is a deputy in Carter County and a minister.
We will bring you more facts on this story as they become available..
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport