JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A stalled construction project inside one of the region's oldest courthouses is about to resume.
Washington County Commissioners approved spending $150,000 to complete the second floor renovations using a contractor.
Work has not progressed for more than eight months after several construction issues arose. The county was trying do to the project for $200,000 using inmate labor.
The vote Monday night will not involve inmate labor but instead contractor crews.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school