JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A stalled construction project inside one of the region's oldest courthouses is about to resume.
Washington County Commissioners approved spending $150,000 to complete the second floor renovations using a contractor.
Work has not progressed for more than eight months after several construction issues arose. The county was trying do to the project for $200,000 using inmate labor.
The vote Monday night will not involve inmate labor but instead contractor crews.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- New Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge