JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A stalled construction project inside one of the region's oldest courthouses is about to resume.
Washington County Commissioners approved spending $150,000 to complete the second floor renovations using a contractor.
Work has not progressed for more than eight months after several construction issues arose. The county was trying do to the project for $200,000 using inmate labor.
The vote Monday night will not involve inmate labor but instead contractor crews.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools