WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A long-time elected official in Washington County, Tennessee is not seeking re-election.
Washington County trustee Jack Daniels is currently in his seventh term in office. The now 80-year-old Daniels tells News 5 he is retiring to spend more time with his family.
Two people are vying for the job in this year's election.
The deadline to file a petition to run for the office has passed.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus