JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Friday's homecoming at David Crockett High School will take a different tone.
We spoke with the principal of David Crockett High School, Andy Hare, on Thursday. He told us school will go on as scheduled Friday morning.
We learned they are bringing in counselors and extra staff for anyone there who wants someone to talk to about the accident, and they want to keep an open communication line with all students.
"All the first period teachers are going to be aware," Hare told News 5. "It's going to be the classroom discussion for everybody. I'm doing their lesson plan for them. It's going to be to discuss this event. We don't want to get the rumor mill going, I mean this is a very sensitive matter," he added.
Hare also told us there will be another bus to run the route of the wrecked one.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next