WASHINGTON CO., Tenn. - There's a construction project going on that could affect your commute.
Crews are getting ready to build a new bridge near Exit 13 on Interstate 26.
The speed limit has already been reduced from 70 to 60 miles an hour as work is set to begin.
TDOT officials say that speed limit change will be in effect until at least July of next year.
Phase one of the bridge construction will not start until May 1.
Traffic shifts will not take place until October.
Officials say lane closures will only be allowed on I-26 between the hours of 7pm and 6am.
- New Another 'Chicken Head Mafia' member sentenced in drug case
- 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities