WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Sheriff Ed Graybeal has won re-election in the Washington County, Tennessee republican primary.
After the closest primary race in many years, election commission members gathered today to certify the votes. When all was said and done, Graybeal ended up winning by twelve votes over challenger Craig Ford. Ford did garner the only provisional vote.
Tom Foster was also certified the winner in the sixth district commissioner race over Mark Ferguson.
Craig Ford told News 5 today that he is still considering a request for a re-count in the sheriff's race. He says he hopes to make that decision by next Tuesday.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream