WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Sheriff Ed Graybeal has won re-election in the Washington County, Tennessee republican primary.
After the closest primary race in many years, election commission members gathered today to certify the votes. When all was said and done, Graybeal ended up winning by twelve votes over challenger Craig Ford. Ford did garner the only provisional vote.
Tom Foster was also certified the winner in the sixth district commissioner race over Mark Ferguson.
Craig Ford told News 5 today that he is still considering a request for a re-count in the sheriff's race. He says he hopes to make that decision by next Tuesday.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria