JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after an animal cruelty investigation in Johnson City.
Police say James Carmichael is charged with four counts of cruelty to animals.
Three dead donkeys and a horse that needed to be put down were found by investigators at a home on Crowell Lane over the weekend.
Johnson City Animal Control Officer Wayne Thomas told the Johnson City Press that Carmichael is expected to turn himself in Tuesday.
Thomas added he's going to ask Carmichael to sign a release to remove the animals, dead and alive, from his property.
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack
- Updated Pulse Nightclub gates open for unveiling of new memorial
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.