JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after an animal cruelty investigation in Johnson City.
Police say James Carmichael is charged with four counts of cruelty to animals.
Three dead donkeys and a horse that needed to be put down were found by investigators at a home on Crowell Lane over the weekend.
Johnson City Animal Control Officer Wayne Thomas told the Johnson City Press that Carmichael is expected to turn himself in Tuesday.
Thomas added he's going to ask Carmichael to sign a release to remove the animals, dead and alive, from his property.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire