Damascus, Va. - UPDATE: Mountain States Health Alliance tells News 5 six of the seven patients being treated at Johnston Memorial Hospital have been treated and released. MSHA spokeswoman Teresa Hicks says another victim was flown to Johnson City Medical Center in stable condition.
Bristol Regional Medical Center tells us one patient has been released.
Washington County EMA Director Pokey Harris says 50-60 people were injured when a car hit a crowd of people at Trail Days in Damascus.
Harris says 12-15 patients were taken to area hospitals by ambulance or helicopters or were treated at the scene.
No fatalities have been reported.
Harris tells us the driver of the car may have had a medical condition.
Damascus, Va. Police Chief Bill Nunley said charges have not been filed against the driver of the 1997 Cadillac that hit the parade crowd.
Nunley said the investigation into the crash is ongoing.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash