WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - $700,000. That's the amount paid by the insurance carrier for the Washington County, Tennessee Board of Education.
The payment was made in response to the school bus accident that happened last September.
We've learned that amount was paid to the court, which will use this money to administer to victims and their families based on claims.
The $700,000 amount represents the maximum monetary liability allowed by Tennessee law.
A motion has been filed to establish procedures for handling and administering present and future claims.
The hearing on that motion is scheduled for Feburary 20th.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash