WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - $700,000. That's the amount paid by the insurance carrier for the Washington County, Tennessee Board of Education.
The payment was made in response to the school bus accident that happened last September.
We've learned that amount was paid to the court, which will use this money to administer to victims and their families based on claims.
The $700,000 amount represents the maximum monetary liability allowed by Tennessee law.
A motion has been filed to establish procedures for handling and administering present and future claims.
The hearing on that motion is scheduled for Feburary 20th.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway