WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - $700,000. That's the amount paid by the insurance carrier for the Washington County, Tennessee Board of Education.
The payment was made in response to the school bus accident that happened last September.
We've learned that amount was paid to the court, which will use this money to administer to victims and their families based on claims.
The $700,000 amount represents the maximum monetary liability allowed by Tennessee law.
A motion has been filed to establish procedures for handling and administering present and future claims.
The hearing on that motion is scheduled for Feburary 20th.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school