KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Barter Youth Academy has announced they are establishing a satellite campus in Kingsport.
Beginning in the fall of 2014, the Academy will partner with the Kingsport Theatre Guild to offer theatrical opportunities for the youth in the area. They will have four breakouts for children: pre-school, elementary, middle, and high school.
The classes will begin on September 16, ending with a demo night on November 14.
Bonnie MacDonald, Director of Cultural Arts, believes this is the perfect way to introduce the theatre to interested students. "The way the Barter has their classes structured, they are going to involve everyone and create a positive atmosphere for people to start to get used to the language of the theater, as well as to learn more advanced techniques," she explained.
Tuition for the eight-week program ranges in price from $110 to $175.
For more info on registration, go to BarterTheatre.com and click on the tab for Youth Academy.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon