WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 3:20 -- Johnson City police are on the hunt for a man they believe robbed an Eastman Credit Union branch on North Roan Street.
The suspect is described as being six feet tall and weighing between 150 and 160 pounds.
Police say he was wearing a purple long-sleeve shirt and dark-colored pants with what appeared to be socks covering his hands.
Police say he demanded money from a tellers, took an undisclosed amount of money, and ran away towards Carroll Creek Road.
If anyone has information contact Johnson City Criminal Investigations at 423-434-6166 or Crimestoppers at 423-434-6158. You can text a tip anonymously to by texting 423JCPD and your tip to 847411 (TIP411).
Meredith Machen will have more information on this story later online and on News 5 WCYB.
UPDATE 11:32 -- Police say the suspect is male. There is no further description released yet.
No one was injured and no weapon was used in the robbery.
Police hope to have a picture of the suspect shortly.
Police have confirmed they are searching for a suspect who robbed an Eastman Credit Union location in Boones Creek.
The robbery happened around 10:30 today.
We have a crew on the way to the scene and will have more information as it is available.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial