LIMESTONE, Tenn. - The 'Giraffe Baby Watch' is over with the birth of a new resident of a Limestone, Tennessee zoo.
Bright's Zoo's giraffe Valerie gave birth Thursday morning. The baby boy was up and standing just a few hours after being born.
The zoo was closed after the birth, but will reopen Friday if there are no problems with mom and baby.
For now, mom and baby are staying close together in a holding area near the barn.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond