LIMESTONE, Tenn. - The 'Giraffe Baby Watch' is over with the birth of a new resident of a Limestone, Tennessee zoo.
Bright's Zoo's giraffe Valerie gave birth Thursday morning. The baby boy was up and standing just a few hours after being born.
The zoo was closed after the birth, but will reopen Friday if there are no problems with mom and baby.
For now, mom and baby are staying close together in a holding area near the barn.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region