WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - If you're planning to head to the Appalachian Fair, you may want to check your pantry before you go.
That's because canned foods can get you a free ride tonight.
Second Harvest Food Bank, in partnership with the fair, is asking folks to bring in five perishable food items, and in return the carnival will give away two rides.
Fair manager Phil Booher says this has been a successful food drive in the past. "Last year we did this with Second Harvest and we had almost eleven hundred pounds collected, so it's one of the best partnerships we've had in a long time," he said.
Booher goes on to say this is the eighth year for this partnership, and the fair is proud to help the community in this way.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex