WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - If you're planning to head to the Appalachian Fair, you may want to check your pantry before you go.
That's because canned foods can get you a free ride tonight.
Second Harvest Food Bank, in partnership with the fair, is asking folks to bring in five perishable food items, and in return the carnival will give away two rides.
Fair manager Phil Booher says this has been a successful food drive in the past. "Last year we did this with Second Harvest and we had almost eleven hundred pounds collected, so it's one of the best partnerships we've had in a long time," he said.
Booher goes on to say this is the eighth year for this partnership, and the fair is proud to help the community in this way.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries