GRAY, Tenn. - The 88th edition of the Appalachian Fair will begin August 18th at the fairgrounds in Gray, Tennessee. Fair organizers tell us that entry deadlines for the various events are fast approaching and range from July 21st to August 7th. Fair Manager Phil Booher says going to the fair has become a wonderful Tri-Cities tradition.
"We've been going for so many years that people just kind of look forward to it," Booher said. "It's something that they prepare for all year long especially in our livestock divisions, with our farm and home and 4H divisions and FFA. Everybody is looking forward to preparing and getting things ready for the fair."
The fair runs August 18th through the 23rd. For more information about the fair or entry deadlines for the events visit the fair's website at www.appalachianfair.com.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next