WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control has 30 to 45 days to decide if Dollar General stores in Damascus and Jonesville can sell alcohol.
On Tuesday ABC board members met with Dollar General to discuss the issue.
Some people are not happy about it. In Damascus, nearby Laurel Avenue Church of Christ opposes the plan. The church says there are already enough places to buy beer and wine in the small Virginia town without adding another.
We'll continue to follow this story and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault