WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control has 30 to 45 days to decide if Dollar General stores in Damascus and Jonesville can sell alcohol.
On Tuesday ABC board members met with Dollar General to discuss the issue.
Some people are not happy about it. In Damascus, nearby Laurel Avenue Church of Christ opposes the plan. The church says there are already enough places to buy beer and wine in the small Virginia town without adding another.
We'll continue to follow this story and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN