WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control has 30 to 45 days to decide if Dollar General stores in Damascus and Jonesville can sell alcohol.
On Tuesday ABC board members met with Dollar General to discuss the issue.
Some people are not happy about it. In Damascus, nearby Laurel Avenue Church of Christ opposes the plan. The church says there are already enough places to buy beer and wine in the small Virginia town without adding another.
We'll continue to follow this story and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'