GRAY, Tenn. - Hundreds of cadets came to Daniel Boone High School to participate in the region's largest drill competition.
28 teams came from Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Each of the teams is part of high school ROTC organizations.
The competition featured drills performances by color guards, squads and platoons.
"All the schools are teaching their cadets the disciplines of working as a team and [are given] the opportunity to present their military skills that they have learned in close order precession drill in a variety of formats," said Steve Sessis, Senior Marine Instructor at Daniel Boone High School.
This was the 17th year of the regional competition.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire