GRAY, Tenn. - Hundreds of cadets came to Daniel Boone High School to participate in the region's largest drill competition.
28 teams came from Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Each of the teams is part of high school ROTC organizations.
The competition featured drills performances by color guards, squads and platoons.
"All the schools are teaching their cadets the disciplines of working as a team and [are given] the opportunity to present their military skills that they have learned in close order precession drill in a variety of formats," said Steve Sessis, Senior Marine Instructor at Daniel Boone High School.
This was the 17th year of the regional competition.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day