GRAY, Tenn. - Hundreds of cadets came to Daniel Boone High School to participate in the region's largest drill competition.
28 teams came from Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Each of the teams is part of high school ROTC organizations.
The competition featured drills performances by color guards, squads and platoons.
"All the schools are teaching their cadets the disciplines of working as a team and [are given] the opportunity to present their military skills that they have learned in close order precession drill in a variety of formats," said Steve Sessis, Senior Marine Instructor at Daniel Boone High School.
This was the 17th year of the regional competition.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane