A plaque is being dedicated to a Virginia State Police trooper killed while working traffic detail at the State Fair of Virginia last year.
Officials say the dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 3 at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County.
Trooper Andrew D. Fox sustained fatal injuries Oct. 5, 2012 while working at the fair.
The plaque in honor of the Tazewell County native will be mounted outside the park's public safety operations center and a second plaque will be mounted inside the building.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument