A plaque is being dedicated to a Virginia State Police trooper killed while working traffic detail at the State Fair of Virginia last year.
Officials say the dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 3 at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County.
Trooper Andrew D. Fox sustained fatal injuries Oct. 5, 2012 while working at the fair.
The plaque in honor of the Tazewell County native will be mounted outside the park's public safety operations center and a second plaque will be mounted inside the building.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record