A plaque is being dedicated to a Virginia State Police trooper killed while working traffic detail at the State Fair of Virginia last year.
Officials say the dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 3 at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County.
Trooper Andrew D. Fox sustained fatal injuries Oct. 5, 2012 while working at the fair.
The plaque in honor of the Tazewell County native will be mounted outside the park's public safety operations center and a second plaque will be mounted inside the building.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University