A plaque is being dedicated to a Virginia State Police trooper killed while working traffic detail at the State Fair of Virginia last year.
Officials say the dedication ceremony is set for Oct. 3 at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County.
Trooper Andrew D. Fox sustained fatal injuries Oct. 5, 2012 while working at the fair.
The plaque in honor of the Tazewell County native will be mounted outside the park's public safety operations center and a second plaque will be mounted inside the building.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.